Declaration/Change of Major

All undergraduate students are required to declare a major, and are encouraged to do so at the time of application to the University. In accordance with House Bill 3025, any student who has earned 45 or more credit hours without declaring a major must do so no later than the end of the second regular (fall/spring) semester following the semester in which the student's earned credit hour total reached 45 or more. Failure to do so will result in the student being blocked from registering for courses until a major has been declared. The change of major form can be submitted to the Enrollment Services Center upon completion. If a student decides to change majors, the student should consult with both the advisor in the current major and in the new major.

Students who change majors must meet the specific requirements for the new major as stated in the catalog in effect at the time of the change of major. See the Core Curriculum Requirements policy for additional information regarding changes of major and other degree plan requirements.